The Gate Room is a pentagonal room on the Temple Island. It is actually an inner chamber with 2 exits that rotates within a circular outer wall that has 5 openings. A mechanism rotates the inner chamber so as its exits align with more openings.
- The main entrance to the south leads to a bridge leading directly to the back door of the Temple.
- The SE exit leads to a cave, which also serves as a side entrance to the Room. This gateway is the only one that has no button to rotate the chamber.
- The SW exits leads to another gateway, which has a handle that raises the gate blocking entrance to the NE exit. It also leads to a cave with a steam valve that sends hydraulic power to the telescope outside.
- The NE exit is a side entrance to the Golden Dome. Initially it is blocked by a gate. It also has a handle that raises the gate of the NW exit.
- The NW exit leads to the bridge that leads directly to the Golden Dome. Initially it is blocked by a gate.