Latus (formerly known as "Yet Something Else") is a game that has been announced to be in production by Cyan Worlds. The game has reportedly been in production for quite some time, but so far (as of August 2006), very little information has been revealed.
Known Information Edit
Information Based on Interview with Rand Miller Edit
- It will not be part of the Myst series, but its own independent game.
- Unlike Myst, it will have a linear storyline
- It will have interactive 3-D environments
Information Based on Trademark Edit
Cyan filed for a patent for the title Latus. This patent is extremely interesting and provides a lot of insight into what Cyan could be creating. Some key points from the patent are:
- Latus will be presented as a series of online interactive television and movie games
- There will be several movie games
- The patent calls the movies "audiovisual", perhaps indicating that this will be a game with dialogue.
A later patent also revealed that the game plans to use real time online gameplay as well as gameplay through LAN.
Speculation on the Title Edit
There has been lots of speculation on how the name Latus will relate to the game. This depends a lot on how Latus is defined
- In English, latus means the flesh between your bottom rib and your hip
- In Latin, Latus could mean:
- "having been brought"
- In Hindi, "Latu" means light or lightbulb
Speculation on Latus.net Edit
- Latus.net has been purchased by Rand Miller.
- For a while, the site redirected to millerbitz.com, a website owned by Cyan Worlds. The site had the title "Posole", a type of soup. This could be related to the game because posole has lots of little bits mixed together.